WANT TO JOIN IN ON THE CONVERSATION?

BECOME A MEMBERRegister

Chicago Bears Fan Forum

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
billwade
billwade's picture
POST COUNT: 2110
James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

The Bears lost a key part of their offensive line when starting left guard James Daniels exited the Buccaneers game with a pectoral injury. He is out for the season after an MRI confirmed he tore the muscle, the NFL Network reported.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2020/10/9/21509284/james-daniels-injury-bears-left-guard-torn-pec-pectoral-muscle-alex-bars-offensive-line-draft

billwade
billwade's picture
POST COUNT: 2110
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Son of a... It had to be Daniels.

When you bleed, make it orange and navy blue

Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8930
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

I'd rather Daniels than Whitehair... at least easier to plug and play vs shuffle. But not a good thing at all. Some have faith in Bars, even if he plays good I can't see it as anything but a significant drop in level of play. 
 

Will say though, after dealing with several all out blitzes, the line and Foles seemed to find a way to make it work.

Train like you are 2nd, but play like you are 1st.

Grizzled
Grizzled's picture
POST COUNT: 293
RANK : HALL OF FAME
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Bars was highly rated in college. A knee injury in his senior season kept him from being drafted. I think it'll be his job to lose the rest of the year. If he performs well, I can see him sliding over to RG next year, Ifedi's only on a one year deal.

billwade
billwade's picture
POST COUNT: 2110
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Daniels is the worst possible o-line injury. He was playing at a high level, probably the best of the bunch, and his versatility to play both center and guard takes away a lot of options. I hope Bars steps up, but there was a lot of pressure coming from that left side in the second half. Injuries are part of the game, but this one will hurt. 

When you bleed, make it orange and navy blue

Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8930
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

billwade wrote:

Daniels is the worst possible o-line injury. He was playing at a high level, probably the best of the bunch, and his versatility to play both center and guard takes away a lot of options. I hope Bars steps up, but there was a lot of pressure coming from that left side in the second half. Injuries are part of the game, but this one will hurt. 

I get what you're saying, just don't agree. We have zero tackle depth so even though neither Massie or Leno are playing lights out, the drop off would freaken be horrid. Daniels is the better player than Whitehair, but losing Whitehair moves Daniels back to center  where he showed he is serviceable but not great. So you have a big drop off at center and the same drop off at LG. 
 

The dude at RG is obviously the least critical.

Train like you are 2nd, but play like you are 1st.

Corn Cob
Corn Cob's picture
POST COUNT: 8134
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Matt Nagy: "I know we need to run the ball more. I'm not an idiot."

Grizzled
Grizzled's picture
POST COUNT: 293
RANK : HALL OF FAME
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Good call, a no-brainer. Britt's a former 2nd round pick and starting center with guard experience.

billwade
billwade's picture
POST COUNT: 2110
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

Calbrooks wrote:

 

billwade wrote:

Daniels is the worst possible o-line injury. He was playing at a high level, probably the best of the bunch, and his versatility to play both center and guard takes away a lot of options. I hope Bars steps up, but there was a lot of pressure coming from that left side in the second half. Injuries are part of the game, but this one will hurt. 

I get what you're saying, just don't agree. We have zero tackle depth so even though neither Massie or Leno are playing lights out, the drop off would freaken be horrid. Daniels is the better player than Whitehair, but losing Whitehair moves Daniels back to center  where he showed he is serviceable but not great. So you have a big drop off at center and the same drop off at LG. 
 

The dude at RG is obviously the least critical.

With as bad as Leno is playing, I'm not sure the floor would be much lower for a bum off the street. If either Leno or Massie was even average, I would probably agree with you. But with immobile Foles under center, we're going to see Leno and Massie's horribleness front and center. The reality is the Bears lost their best lineman, and that can't be a good thing.

 

When you bleed, make it orange and navy blue

Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8930
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

billwade wrote:

 

Calbrooks wrote:

 

billwade wrote:

Daniels is the worst possible o-line injury. He was playing at a high level, probably the best of the bunch, and his versatility to play both center and guard takes away a lot of options. I hope Bars steps up, but there was a lot of pressure coming from that left side in the second half. Injuries are part of the game, but this one will hurt. 

I get what you're saying, just don't agree. We have zero tackle depth so even though neither Massie or Leno are playing lights out, the drop off would freaken be horrid. Daniels is the better player than Whitehair, but losing Whitehair moves Daniels back to center  where he showed he is serviceable but not great. So you have a big drop off at center and the same drop off at LG. 
 

The dude at RG is obviously the least critical.

With as bad as Leno is playing, I'm not sure the floor would be much lower for a bum off the street. If either Leno or Massie was even average, I would probably agree with you. But with immobile Foles under center, we're going to see Leno and Massie's horribleness front and center. The reality is the Bears lost their best lineman, and that can't be a good thing.

 

I agree, Daniels is easily their best lineman. But had the lost Whitehair, they would have lost both their best center and their best lineman. 

Train like you are 2nd, but play like you are 1st.

Corn Cob
Corn Cob's picture
POST COUNT: 8134
Re: James Daniels out for season with torn pec:
0

I'm concerned Leno's performance will take a serious downturn, Leno will probably try to help cover for the new guy at LG. Recall how Long's performance declined when he was trying to cover for substitute RT a couple of years ago. It's only human nature to try and help out the new guy, but Leno doesn't need any of the added responsibilities. He needs to concentrate on his own assignments.

Matt Nagy: "I know we need to run the ball more. I'm not an idiot."

HIREPLY
18 posts / 0 new
Last post
MEMBERS ONLINE: 0