WANT TO JOIN IN ON THE CONVERSATION?

BECOME A MEMBERRegister

Shadows Forum: All things food

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8810
When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

 Enquiring minds want to know. 

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

Most likely after this Zombie Apocalypse is over

To start now would invite financial ruin

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

Here are Oregon breweries offering to-go beer, deliveries

Updated 8:56 PM; Today 5:07 PM

By Andre Meunier | The Oregonian/OregonLive

The Oregon Brewers Guild has compiled a frequently updating list of what breweries are continuing to operate and in what capacity, from beer to go, to food to go, to beer delivery.

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

The Shadow wrote:

Here are Oregon breweries offering to-go beer, deliveries

Updated 8:56 PM; Today 5:07 PM

By Andre Meunier | The Oregonian/OregonLive

The Oregon Brewers Guild has compiled a frequently updating list of what breweries are continuing to operate and in what capacity, from beer to go, to food to go, to beer delivery.

We have this in every Village and Town. Is this something new in the States?

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

Corn Cob
Corn Cob's picture
POST COUNT: 8083
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

It's just become more noticeable in the last couple of weeks. 

The food and drink industry trying anything to generate some kind of cash flow, due to " social distancing" requirements.

It's a sad situation.

Matt Nagy: "I know we need to run the ball more. I'm not an idiot."

PapaBear.OR
PapaBear.OR's picture
POST COUNT: 13245
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

The Shadow wrote:

 

The Shadow wrote:

Here are Oregon breweries offering to-go beer, deliveries

Updated 8:56 PM; Today 5:07 PM

By Andre Meunier | The Oregonian/OregonLive

The Oregon Brewers Guild has compiled a frequently updating list of what breweries are continuing to operate and in what capacity, from beer to go, to food to go, to beer delivery.

We have this in every Village and Town. Is this something new in the States?

It's not really new, it's just that they have closed all establishments to indoor seating.  This is the Guild (as apposed to individual establishments advertising their services) providing a consolidated list of all the local places that can provide this to make it easier for folks to find and access in response to the shutdowns and restrictions city, county, and statewide due to the virus.

Many of these places already offered this service although there was not that much demand for it.  Some of them are now offering it because their establishment has been otherwise shut down.  In addition the demand for the service has of course gone way up because other than the grocery store there is no where else to get these products and as you know many/most of the local micro brews cannot be found in the grocery store at all anyway.

Butkus never wore an earring

Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8810
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

The Shadow wrote:

Most likely after this Zombie Apocalypse is over

To start now would invite financial ruin

Do you guys already have zombies?!? That's not fair, I've been stocking up for it. You guys always get to have fun first.

Train like you are 2nd, but play like you are 1st.

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

Calbrooks wrote:

 

The Shadow wrote:

Most likely after this Zombie Apocalypse is over

To start now would invite financial ruin

Do you guys already have zombies?!? That's not fair, I've been stocking up for it. You guys always get to have fun first.

Well, we are closer to the epicenter! My homemade flame thrower is working a treat. Since fire arms are highly regulated here, but propane can be bought everywhere, I just did the logical thing. Zombies go up in flames real easy. If there are fresh ones, try to aim at the dusty old ones.

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

My co-worker told me this morning, if I quit to open a food shack, I have to take him with me. He says under no circumstances does he want my current job and he said I cannot leave him here by himself.

He is also a pretty good cook and he likes to eat good food as much as I do. Though he does drink Alcohol-free beer. That counts against him, but I know the reasons why. 

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

The Shadow
The Shadow's picture
POST COUNT: 10622
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

As you can see in my Avatar picture. There is no roof yet, but I do have an open reservation for a table for 4.

Charles Leno, Jr. and Cody Whitehair are SOLID!

2021 is the year the Bears put it all together! (2020 is a scrub)

Go Bears!

 

Calbrooks
Calbrooks's picture
POST COUNT: 8810
Re: When are you starting your Grub Hut?
0

Someday we will have to make it over. I expect none stop food. wink

Train like you are 2nd, but play like you are 1st.

HIREPLY
16 posts / 0 new
Last post
MEMBERS ONLINE: 0